Your Summerfields Experience
- Accommodation in luxuriously appointed, tented suites set beneath a canopy of Jackalberry and Tambotie trees, accessible by raised wooden walkways, each very private and enjoying its own space
- Beautiful gardens, boasting many of the Summerfields roses, and the macadamia and litchi orchards
- The Summerfields Spa, where you will find both indulgence and immediate healing in a variety of unique, signature treatments and facilities such as the rose quartz steam shower
- Excellent dining at The River Café and Summerfields Kitchen, with vegetables from our organic gardens
- The Summerfilds Kitchen, for lunch and dinner, with organic produce from our own gardens and from carefully selected producers
- Various activities, including our popular weekend Parkrun
- And, of course, our roses!
Along with gourmet dining, all of this defines Summerfields Rose Retreat as a most enchanting place to re-ignite your senses.
We have ensured that the farm and plantations are an integral part of Summerfields. We have enlarged our organic garden over time and we serve the freshest, naturally grown vegetables in the Summerfields Kitchen and River Café.
We have created several packages, including day visits and longer stays and our reservation team will gladly assist with flight bookings and transfers to and from Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport. Within minutes of arrival at Summerfields you will be immersed into rejuvenation and your own experience of our barefoot luxury.
Our healthy pursuits include walks, a five kilometre jogging track, swimming, a popular cycling area and all within easy reach of the truly wonderful Kruger National Park and other popular venues namely Pilgrims Rest, God’s Window, Sabie and lots more.
Within close proximity of Summerfields are all the adventures one might want to consider – from game drives to tree canopy aerial walkways - though we hope you will be excused for simply wanting to spend all your time at Summerfields Rose Retreat, the only place to stop and smell the roses.
We are delighted that our passion for creating a beautiful, tranquil haven has been acknowledged in Getaway magazine in September 2013 and May 2014. Here is what Getaway said:
10 of the best spa retreats in South Africa
Macadamia nut and litchi trees stand tall on this 100-hectare estate. But on the far side of the grounds, beside the Sabie River, luxury tents are surrounded by thick bushveld. The roasted macadamia nuts on your bedside table are the only evidence that you’re on a working farm.
The river is strong where it runs past the tents and your days and nights are accompanied by the sound of water gushing over rocks. You can almost feel the spray from your deck as you spot lazing crocodiles and hippos. The tents – they’re really more like comfortable lodge rooms that happen to have canvas for walls and a roof – set further from the river and deeper into the bush are quieter. All have bathrooms completely open to the surroundings and deep Victorian baths look straight out onto the trees that grow between you and the river.
Boardwalks lead to the spa’s treatment decks, which have just two wooden walls and a roof so you can stare out across the river or simply enjoy listening to the water. Electric blankets and heaters will keep you warm during colder months.
Of course, Summerfields isn’t named a rose retreat for nothing. Apart from the fresh, colourful roses sold at the deli, there are at least four bunches decorating your room, roses on the spa beds and white petals with your turndown service. Five organic vegetable gardens supply all the veggies (except potatoes and mushrooms) you’ll eat during your stay, and while the spa and your surroundings will treat your senses, the two on-site restaurants will treat your taste buds.